Writer, nonprofit gatekeeper, reluctant singer, daydream believer, hopeless romantic, raised by David Byrne in a house made of bus tickets in the forest, translating to anagrams, sleeping in an ash tree meadow, coloring in wry shadelines
Social anxiety isn’t “omg I hate people lol I wish I was sleeping and watching netflix!”.
It’s “I want desperately to be able to hang out with people but I hate the feeling of sheer panic and fear I get around them so I don’t/ can’t and it eats away at me every day so I end up just staying home and say I’m sleeping or watching something”
David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
living in a small town is wonderful
- are there a lot of modes of transportation? nope! you either drive or you’re out of luck basically
- are there a lot of job opportunities? no! of course not
- are there things to do? hang out at the grocery store or go to the only movie theater the town has!
- are the people nice? of course not! not at all!
- are you close to anything interesting? nope! everything interesting happens hours away and you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere
Reason #4,529,722 I moved to a city